Saturday, May 9, 2009

I imagine its a musky aroma,eh?

Came to filler-up near Cougar and thought this was worth a photo. We then took a look at the map and decided that we just had hike into Ape Cave.


As we hiked in, we were really unaware to just how much sun was pouring down and at the same time there was so much still so much snow. I guess it still is April!

Here is a shot of Ape.as best as I could without a function flash.

I couldn't help but imagine myself down there long before America came into being and tourist looked to its entryway as test to see just how insufficient their Coleman lantern is!

It is getting increasingly hard to make these 2 day trips without any real night time investigation to go on. Jude is just not ready for these and I don't blame him. After coming across some of the largest cast;Let me stop myself, the only cast we had ever seen up close, the phenomena has taken on a whole new significance. The below images are cast Jude found, and only Jude really made happen... by insisting that we pull over for a break. Thank God for little buddy or I may have never been able to make an offer on such a beautiful find.

Before I speak on these cast. It is hard to speak on just how large the 2nd set of cast are, without being able to pull them out and measure them. I have a shot below of Jude in the frame, but that does not do either justice. I would say though after careful estimations, the one below is 15-16 inches.

The one below it I would estimate at a larger scale by about 2 inches at least. It would be around 18 inches. I am curious at if I am correct or not. I did inquire to the old man who looked like a Scooby-Doo villain, if he would be into selling these. He said he would have to check, because the bank owned his property. I then told me that these where not his cast, nor was only of the stuff on the wall. He gave a phone # for the new owner, that owned these cast, but did not cast them. I forced my good charm as much as possible and found at that the owner of the store was only 1/2 mile away. Jude and I met with him and made a pretty good $ offer. He said he needed to check with the bank and that it would be better if I called in a week. If you are able to look very close at the last one, you can see a red colored stamp. As far as I can make out on zooming in at 200% it says BF TRACK 1993. It is pretty hard to see. That would take it out of any that I thought it was associated with. Certainly if it is a reprint it could be a duplicate. Guess we will need more advice.


2 comments:

  1. The casts look like they are of fake tracks to me. Notice how in the 1st, 2nd, & 4th pics show there is a solid line between the ball of the foot & the toes? Now look at the bottom of your own foot. Notice how there is a curved line at the base of each toe, creating a scalloped line between the ball of your foot & your toes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never noticed that particular line- however I did take these to a Podiatrist and they thought they where far to perfect looking.

    ReplyDelete